Equioxx is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) for horses that fights the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis. Equioxx pet medications contain firocoxib which is the same medication used in Previcox for dogs. Available in a palatable oral paste. One dose lasts for up to 24 hours.
Equioxx is a palatable oral paste that treats arthritic pain and inflammation in horses. The non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) may be used for up to 2 weeks. Easy once-daily dosing provides relief for 24 hours.
Benefits of Equioxx:
- Specially formulated to treat pain and inflammation associated with equine arthritis
- Makes horses more comfortable during daily activity
- Promotes increased and continuing mobility
- Easily administered, palatable paste accepted by 98% of horses
- Non-narcotic, non-steroidal
- One dose delivers relief for 24 hours
- Proven safe at recommended doses
- Approved for longer consecutive use than other NSAIDs
Equioxx is only for horses. Do not use in humans or other animals.
Do not allow children to administer this product.
Read all instructions and precautionary statements provided by the manufacturer prior to use.
Use as prescribed by your veterinarian.
- Administer 0.045 mg per pound of body weight once per day for up to 14 days.
- Turn the knurled ring on the syringe ¼ turn to unlock.
- Round your horse’s weight up to the nearest 50 lbs.; each notch on the syringe corresponds to a 50-lb. increment.
- Slide the knurled ring so that the side nearest the barrel is at the appropriate notch on the plunger shaft.
- Rotate the ring ¼ turn to lock.
- Insert the syringe into the side of the horse’s mouth.
- Aim the syringe at the back of the tongue and depress the plunger to administer the full pre-set dose.
- Give with or without food.
Frequency of Use:
One daily dose of Equioxx provides relief for 24 hours.
Keep out of reach of children and animals.
Store below 86 degrees F. Brief exposure to temperatures up to 104 degrees F are permissible.
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Firocoxib, the active ingredient in Equioxx, is a coxib class non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, or NSAID. It suppresses COX-2, which triggers inflammation, while sparing COX-1, which aids in normal bodily functions. Equioxx provides anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic action.
Keep this product out of reach of children and animals. Do not use or store in or near open flame or heat.
Equioxx is only intended for use in horses. Do not administer to cats, dogs, or other animals. Not for use in humans. Consult a physician or poison control center in the event of human ingestion.
Follow the directions provided in your veterinarian’s prescription.
CAUTION: The safety of using Equioxx in horses younger than 1 year of age or in those that are pregnant, lactating or used for breeding has not been established.
Not for use in horses with a hypersensitivity to firocoxib, aspirin, or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Seek emergency veterinary attention for an allergic reaction.
Do not use in horses intended for human consumption.
All horses should undergo a thorough medical history and physical examination prior to receiving any NSAID prescription.
Equioxx is considered safe at the recommended dose for up to 14 consecutive days. Toxicity was seen at the recommended dose after 30 consecutive days.
Side effects may include gastrointestinal upset, diarrhea, excitation, excessive thirst, sores or ulcers on the tongue or in the mouth, reddened skin, sores, scabs, weight loss, jaundice and others. Talk to your veterinarian about any adverse reactions.
If loss of appetite, colic, abnormal stool, or lethargy is observed, discontinue administration and consult your veterinarian.
Equioxx, like other coxib class NSAIDs, may cause gastrointestinal or renal toxicity. It may cause stomach ulcers or bleeding in the stomach. PMK OilTags: Equioxx Arthritis And Pain Treatment For Horses